Thunder Rage in The MOVIE 1st
|Primary caster||Fate Testarossa|
|Japanese name||サンダーレイジ |
|First app.||Nanoha (ep.9)|
Thunder Rage (サンダーレイジ Sandā Reiji) is a lock-on multi-target attack possessed by Fate Testarossa. In substance, Thunder Rage is a two-stage spell which first instantly binds the targets with the thunderlight, and then create damages on all bound targets with the thunder.
- In Nanoha (ep.9), together with Nanoha Takamachi's Divine Buster Full Power, Thunder Rage is cast to seal six Jewel Seeds at once. In The MOVIE 1st, seven Jewel Seeds are sealed instead.
- In Nanoha (ep.12), Fate casts Thunder Rage in two stages against a golem in the Garden of Time to save Nanoha. In The MOVIE 1st, it first binds the weapon thrown by that golem, and then destroys the golem in the second stage. As it is cast indoors, Fate strikes the thunder downwards in the air through a Midchildan Circle.
- In The Battle of Aces and The Gears of Destiny, Thunder Rage is one of Fate's long-range moves. It can attack the opponent with isolated lightning strikes if the thunderlight bind on the opponent, despite its short effective time, is successful.
- In The Gears of Destiny, in addition to Fate, Presea Testarossa also uses it as her long-range charged bind attack, as well as cross-range block counterattack.
- In StrikerS (ep.17), Erio casts Thunder Rage with Strada's Unwetterform, preceding the thunderbolts with a skydiving melee strike, to attack Wendi and the Gadget Drones nearby. A similar screen has also been depicted in StrikerS opening theme one.
Possible uses of the spell are noted as follows:
- In Nanoha (ep.11) / The MOVIE 1st, Presea casts an unnamed thunder attack, probably Thunder Rage, against the intruding Administrative Bureau mages in the Garden of Time.
- Thunder Rage W (サンダーレイジＷ Sandā Reiji Daburu, abbr. Thunder Rage Double) is a collective attack cast by Fate and Erio against Curren Hückebein in Force.
- Thunder Rage O.D.J is the cross-dimension variation cast by Presea Testarossa.
- Thunder Blade is a power-up version of Thunder Rage.