|Magic system||Ancient Belka|
|Japanese name||鋼の軛 |
(Hagane no Kubiki)
|First app.||A's (ep.12)|
The spell normally generates numerous spikes of compressed mana to pierce through the targets and fix them on the spot. With both nature of attack and capturing, it is effective in restraining or disabling large opponents. The spikes can be generated either from the ground, the sky, or directly from a Belkan Triangle at Zafira's hands.
Alternatively, the spell may be used as an indoor defensive move by blockading corridors with the spikes. In case when no damage is wanted on the target, it may also be used as a pure capturing cage by surrounding the target.
- Zafira first casts it in A's (ep.12) against the Defense Program, firing a single but enormous tendril of mana that lashes out and slices through the Program's tentacles. This seems to completely abandon the capturing function in order to focus on its potential as a damaging attack.
- Later in A's (ep.12), Zafira casts it again to generate spikes above the sea surface, piercing through the Program's cannon-tentacles to prevent them from firing. Similar use of the spell is also adapted in The MOVIE 2nd A's.
- Steel Yoke is Zafira's Full Drive Burst attack in the portable continuity games. In addition to the usual functions, Zafira causes the interlocked, piercing spikes to explode for more damage.
- In Reflection, when Vita is busy defending Stern's Mobility Shell, namely Fortress Granato, during their assault on Allston Sea theme park, Zafira casts Steel Yoke to immobilise it so that Vita can further destroy its core.
- In StrikerS (ep.23), Zafira uses it cooperatively with Shamal to destroy the Gadget Drones protecting Otto. Afterwards, he uses the same spell to cage Otto without hurting her.
- ^ Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha The MOVIE 2nd A's, DVD/BRD Booklet, Magic Dictionary #71.