|Primary caster||Teana Lanster|
|Japanese name||シュートバレット |
|First app.||StrikerS (ep.1)|
Shoot Barret (シュートバレット Shūto Baretto) is the most basic shooting-type spell learned by every mage of the Midchildan system. The caster merely compresses mana in the shape of a bullet, accelerates it, and sets it forth.
Despite its setting, none of the main characters casts this spell in the primary continuity until StrikerS. However, in the movie continuity, it becomes the first attack spell introduced and cast by Nanoha Takamachi, chronologically far earlier than StrikerS. When cast, Raising Heart tells Nanoha to "Shoot the bullet".
Shoot Barret is transliterated based on other spells that are also introduced in StrikerS, e.g. Barret Power and Variable Barret. Note that in the later/recent series, "Bullet" is usually used instead of "Barret".
- In StrikerS, it is the basic attack of Teana Lanster (Anchor Gun, Cross Mirage) and Vice Granscenic (Storm Raider).
- In StrikerS (ep.23), Teana casts it as a "reactive explosion bolt", making the charging sphere of Wendi's bombardment explode.
- In The MOVIE 1st, Shoot Barret is the first attack spell cast by Nanoha Takamachi and taught by Raising Heart.
- In The Gears of Destiny, Shoot Barret is the basic long range attack spell of Yuuno Scrya. His projectiles are guided shots that continue tracking the opponent if dodged, suggesting that he is using the Barret F variation (as detailed below) or something similar.
In addition to the basic spell, the following variations of Shoot Barret are seen in the series:
- Shoot Barret: Barret F: An auto-guided variation of the basic Shoot Barret; "F" may be short for "follow". It creates an explosive, homing magic bullet that locks at the target's heat signature. Its greatest advantage over other guided shooting spells is its ability to automatically pursue the target (i.e. like a fire-and-forget weapon), leaving the caster free to perform another action.
- Shoot Barret: Barret S: The variation used in Sealing Shoot; "S" may be short for "sealing".
- Shoot Barret: Barret V: Possibly an alternate name of Variable Barret, in such case "V" may be short for "variable".
- Shoot Barret: Barret RF
- Shooting Silhouette is a combination of Fake Silhouette and Shoot Barret.
There are also other modified gun-shooting spells based off Shoot Barret:
- Variable Barret (ヴァリアブルバレット Variaburu Baretto) is the multi-layer shooting development.
- Stun Barret (スタンバレット Sutan Baretto) is a spell modified by Teana after the common stun-shooting of TSAB members. Its high-voltage neurostimulation effect can knock down the target easily.