|Primary caster||Chrono Harlaown|
|Japanese name||リングバインド |
|First app.||A's (ep.2)|
Ring Bind (リングバインド Ringu Baindo) is a basic binding spell, in which mana-generated rings are used to capture the target. As the rings are generated and then fixed in the air, it can immobilise the target on the spot if a part of his/her body is captured.
Being a basic spell, it is rather weak but since it can be cast quickly and is pretty flexible in its application (such as locking on multiple targets or deliberately delayed activation), proficient casters like Chrono Harlaown and Alph can use it with great effectiveness.
- Ring Bind is first seen casting by Alph to bind Vita in A's (ep.2).
- In A's (ep.10), Alph casts it to bind the Will of the Book of Darkness along with Yuuno Scrya's Chain Bind. However, both binds are dispelled by her Bind Break.
- It is also Alph's and Liesearia's long-range binding spell in The Gears of Destiny. Particularly, Alph launches a large ring as an aimed (or guided when charged) projectile, which is different from how the spell is cast originally and by Aria.
- In StrikerS (ep.12), it is cast by Reinforce Zwei to arrest Lutecia Alpine and Agito.
- In the movie continuity, it is first cast by Chrono in The MOVIE 1st to bind the limbs of Nanoha Takamachi and Fate Testarossa right after his transportation onto Earth.
Silhouette Lock (シルエットロック Shiruetto Rokku) is a preset variation of Ring Bind adapted as Aria's charged binding spell in The Gears of Destiny, similar to Chrono's Delayed Bind. For game visual effects, it is shaped as a mana ellipsoid (invisible to the opponent) when cast for presetting, and same as Ring Bind when the opponent is bound.
- ^ Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha The MOVIE 1st, DVD/BD Booklet, Magic Dictionary.