|Purple Lightning Flash|
|Magic system||Ancient Belka|
|Japanese name||紫電一閃 |
|First app.||A's (ep.2)|
In StrikerS, Signum teaches this attack to Erio Mondial in Riot Force 6. It is going to be a similar slashing attack with Strada and Erio's Mana Conversion Affinity of lightning, although it is applied by Erio differently in its first use in StrikerS (ep.24).
Shiden Issen, literally "purple lightning one flash", is a Japanese four-character idiomatic compound, in which shiden metaphorises the sharp lights on swordblades and issen means "in a flash".
When introduced as Signum's attack, the spell is substantially unrelated to lightning/electricity but flame, hence it may also be translated as "Swordflash".
- In the A's manga, Signum is able to kill a summoned dragon with it in one hit.
- In StrikerS (ep.24), Erio uses his Purple Lightning Flash by concentrating electrical energy in his fist and punching Garyu to deliver an electric blast. The spell is here applied differently because Strada is being tightly held by Garyu.
- At the TSAB Midchilda Ground Headquarters, Signum uses Purple Lightning Flash to end the life of Zest Grangeitz.
- Purple Lightning Flash Whisper (紫電一閃・一颯 Shiden Issen Ibuki) is the cross-range block attack used by Signum in The Battle of Aces, being a lite version of the spell. This attack can only be performed after blocking an incoming attack successfully with a barrier spell in the game.
- Luminous Fang (煌牙 Kōga) is a fiery sword attack cast by Signum during her battle against Nanoha Takamachi in the special chapter of the StrikerS manga. It appears to be a more powerful or mobilized version of Purple Lighting Flash, but is not further depicted nor described in details. It may also have a longer spell name, as the close-up scene is ended after Signum casting "Kōga" and Nanoha casting "Divine". A relevant name adopted in INNOCENT is Purple Flame Luminous Fang (紫炎煌牙 Shien Kōga).
- ^ Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's Portable: The Battle of Aces Official Guidebook.