|Primary caster||Fate Testarossa|
|Rank||AAA (Phalanx Shift)|
|Japanese name||フォトンランサー |
|First app.||Nanoha (ep.4)|
Photon Lancer (フォトンランサー Foton Ransā) is the signature shooting spell wielded by Fate Testarossa, who has learned it from Rynith. It appears to be Fate's basic shooting attack and can be cast without an Intelligent Device.
Photon Lancer generates small rounded cylinders of energy called "photon spheres" (cf. Divine Shooter's divine spheres), which can shoot themselves at the enemy. Normally only four bolts are launched. The command phrase during its first use is "Photon Lancer, Full Autofire!"
- In Nanoha, Fate uses this in almost every single one of her battles with Nanoha Takamachi, and sometimes when attacking creatures possessed by the Jewel Seeds.
- Fate uses this spell against Chrono Harlaown during her mage exam in the A's manga.
- In A's (ep.2), Fate casts it to attack Signum, although ineffective.
- Photon Lancer Multishot is a multiple-bolt version of the spell.
- Photon Lancer Phalanx Shift (フォトンランサー・ファランクスシフト Foton Ransā Farankusu Shifuto) involves Fate generating over 30 photon spheres in a phalanx formation to shoot at the enemy. In Nanoha novel, 38 spheres are generated and fired at seven shots per second over four seconds, giving a total of 1,064 shots. In The MOVIE 1st, the finish blow is to combine the excess spheres into one, larger and longer Lancer, with the command phrase "Spark End" (スパークエンド Supāku Endo).
- Photon Lancer Genocide Shift is a variation arranged by the will of the Book of Darkness in A's / The MOVIE 2nd A's.
- Plasma Lancer is the upgrade and more powerful version of Photon Lancer, after Bardiche acquires a cartridge system in A's. It has replaced Photon Lancer in combat.