|Primary caster||Nanoha Takamachi|
The Will of the BoD
|Japanese name||バインドブレイク |
|First app.||A's (ep.7)|
The caster analyzes the binds cast on them, then proceeds to run counter-code to weaken them and finally tears them apart with targeted mana bursts. Both the amount of mana used in this and how fast the counter-code is run affect how quick the bind can be broken. Bind Break is also the reason why binds are only optionally used for attack assistance in battles between high-ranked combat mages.
The Ancient Belkan equivalent of Bind Break have not been named in the series. It is covered in this article for simplicity, until there is other canonical source.
- Bind Break is first cast by Nanoha Takamachi in A's (ep.7) on the Masked Man's Long Range Bind. Two Midchildan Circles are generated on the two sides of the bind to dispel it.
- In A's (ep.10), the Will of the Book of Darkness casts the Midchildan Bind Break to break Yuuno Scrya's Chain Bind and Alph's Ring Bind. The command phrases by her and the Book of Darkness are "Break!" (砕け Kudake) and "Break up!" respectively. In The MOVIE 2nd A's adaptation, she presumably uses the same spell when breaking free from Nanoha's Restrict Lock and Fate Testarossa's Lightning Bind.
Possible uses of the spell are noted as follows:
- In Reflection, Nanoha probably uses Bind Break to try getting rid of the capturing wires from Kyrie Florian's Mobile Shells, as she glows in her magic color. However, she fails to do so until purging her Barrier Jacket.
- In Reflection, Nanoha probably uses Bind Break to dispel Stern's Rubellite.
Notable uses of equivalent spells under other systems:
- In A's (ep.2), Signum casts the Ancient Belkan equivalent of Bind Break to free Vita from Alph's Ring Bind.