|Japanese name||バリアブレイク |
|First app.||Nanoha (ep.5)|
Barrier Break (バリアブレイク Baria Bureiku) is a Midchildan decline-type supportive spell to invalidate the defensive film of barrier-type spells. The Modern Belkan version shares the same name when developed.
In the early series, it is primarily cast by Alph to break barriers with her claws, fingers or knuckles. She seems to be very good with this spell as she is able to break the barriers of Presea Testarossa and Vita.
In StrikerS, Subaru Nakajima also uses this spell effectively with her Revolver Knuckle in close combats. She generally breaks a barrier by forcing her fingers (in Revolver Knuckle) through it and then clenching them into a fist.
- First seen in Nanoha (ep.5), Alph uses it on Yuuno Scrya's barrier.
- In Nanoha (ep.10) / The MOVIE 1st, Alph uses it with her fingers to tear Presea's hexagonal barrier apart in the Garden of Time.
- In A's (ep.2), Alph uses it with her knuckles to break Vita's Panzerhindernis.
- In StrikerS (ep.1), Subaru casts Barrier Break against an auto-sphere's barrier during her mage rank examination, so that she can further destroy it with Divine Buster.
Barrier Break Strike is an offensive variation further developed upon Barrier Break.
- ^ Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha The MOVIE 1st, DVD/BD Booklet, Magic Dictionary.